Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ugh, NOW everyone is staring at us

Caden and I get stared at quite a bit.  I'm not sure if it is the fair skin and blonde hair, the cuteness of Caden, the Beco Carrier that he travels in, or a combination of the above, but we get A LOT of looks.  I think that it is mostly the Beco carrier that he rides in, because lots of people come up to me and talk to me about something.  One time I finally understood the lady to ask me where I bought it.  I have only see a handful of Baby Bjorn style carries in this country, so I imagine it draws quite the attention.

One day as we were walking to the bakery, I noticed that people were waving at us.  Then, a middle aged man, on the other side of the street, that was on the phone started waving.  I thought that something must have been going on.  I finally looked in a reflection on a building and saw Caden waving to everyone like he was the Grand Marshall of a parade.  He loves the carrier.  We waited for a long time to get one, and I am glad we did because Beco came out with a new style carrier (thanks for the recommendation Jenni!).  It is very convenient and can hold a child up to 40 pounds, I'm just not sure my BODY can handle that!  ;)

One day Brad went with us to the park, usually it is just the two of us.  We took or bubble gun (ya know... those battery operated guns that blow bubbles).  We started playing with it.  Brad lets out this deep disgruntled moan - "NOW everyone is staring at us."  I just had to laugh... Oh Bradley, little do you know, they've been staring the whole time!

Here we are sporting the carrier in Rio.  I just realized, look at Caden, he's waving!


No comments:

Post a Comment