Friday, February 27, 2015

Happy First Birthday Carsten!!!

We had a wonderful celebration for Carsten's First Birthday.  I really enjoyed getting to plan and execute a party in my own house!!!! (Something that I never get to do with a child having a birthday on Dec 28.)  We had a circus theme, Come One, Come All, Big Top Birthday.  I thought it was pretty appropriate being that Carsten is my little clown/world's strongest man/acrobat.  My mom was able to come up to help partake in the festivities, which of course I loved! We started the festivities on Monday with a road trip to an indoor water park.  I really thought that Carsten would be into it, being that he LOVES bath time so much and has no problem with water in his face/on his head.  He was a little reserved at the park, but took a huge liking to the swings they had in the baby pool, and also enjoyed watching Moma, Daddy and Big Bro splash around like crazy fools.  Caden had a BLAST and wanted to do everything, even the slides that he wasn't quite tall enough for.  He is a DUCK!  He LOVES the water too.  I'm blessed to have 2 water babies, since I am a fish myself. Even us adults had a blast at the park.  Carsten's Birthday was on a Tuesday, which is school day around here.  We started the day off with homemade donuts.  Huge hit with both boys, and myself.  Then Caden went off to school and Carsten got some special time on his special day.  A trip to Olive Garden for lunch - he loves the minestrone soup there! and lots of play with toys that he sometimes can't otherwise play with.  We had our party after Caden returned from school.  Carsten was a trooper wearing his hat, and blowing at (not out) his candle.  He didn't get overly messy with the cake.  I'd say that he had 4 or 5 huge mouthfuls, but then was ready to have something a little more savory - back to the goldfish crackers.  He enjoyed unwrapping a few gifts.  We gave him a table and chair set that he has really enjoyed!







Blowing at his candle

Big Brother warning him not to touch the candle, it is hot.  So Sweet!  Although blurry, look at those puffed cheeks, he's trying to blow!

Trying to get a pic of some of the circus decor in the background.

The cake - yellow cake with buttercream frosting.


I made this banner from the monthly pictures that I have been taking.  So fun to see how much he has grown in a year!  Caden and I painted the number one to help add to the decor.

Messym Messy

Say Cheese Cake

Big Brother enjoying the cake too!!!

Birthday Breakfast!

Ohhh, I'll take that one!

Big Bro LOVES him some donuts!!!

Sugar smile!

Sitting at his new table and chairs

Unwrapping a present

Caden never opened a gift from us on his birthday, it is serious present overload for this Dec 28th baby, so we had a 1 year anniversary of being a Big Brother gift for him.


A new suitcase, OMG, he LOVES to play packing/airport!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment