We started with picking a letter, because honestly, there are so many options, we would’ve never figured the name out otherwise. Being that C fits perfectly between B (for Brad) and D (for Deanna), it was the obvious choice. We decided that we would leave the tribute to the German heritage for the middle name, because choosing a C didn’t give us many options. Caden was a name that we both liked and could get out relatively fast without butchering (expecting that this little boy is a B-O-Y). After going through a couple of branches on the old family tree, I realized that we had some names that have already been accounted for, some names that just wouldn’t cut it for a modern day little boy, and that although I am an incredibly proud decendant of Andrew Brock, he just wasn't German enough. One of the common factors that I found on Karl (Great Great Uncle) and Otto Pfefferkorn’s (Great Great Grandfather) immigration record, from Munich, was that their destination was listed as Maxwell, Texas. Being that Karl and Otto were immigrating to America, I’m sure they saw Maxwell as a sign of freedom, hope for the future and new beginnings. It was there that the Pfefferkorns would stay, until my Grandpa eventually moved to Lockhart (7 miles down the road). To this day, my Grandparents are still involved in the Maxwell Social Club, attending monthly pot luck dinners, with... you got it... lots of other Germans.

Will enjoy keeping up with your expanding family via your blog!
ReplyDeleteSO PRECIOUS Deanna! Congrats!
ReplyDelete